So, apparently Blogger had a big ole brain fart last night and my post from Thursday "diskappeared". Word on the blogger highway is that our posts will all be restored, but I'm not taking any chances. So, here is yesterday's post. And now I hope we can all move on from this blogging traveshamockery.
I've been told by several people lately that I need to update my blog more. In addition, I have been asked to be fun and witty. I'd like to inform these people that, in order to write fun and witty posts, one must be fun and witty.
Now, I won't go so far as to say that I'm NEVER fun and witty. Most the time, though, I'm just dry and sarcastic. My idea of a good time is kicking back with my family and just sitting and laughing at each other. What a lot of people find "fun", I find annoying. An example: theme parks. Unless it's Disney World or The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I'd rather not bother. Theme parks = a lot of sweaty, loud parents and their greedy, whiny kids running around like headless chickens to make it to "The Awesome Show of Theme Park Awesomeness" in time. No thanks, buckaroos.
Another "fun" thing: going to the movies. As if. What if the movie sucks? Who wants to be the loser that leaves the movie early? Or, even worse, who wants to be the loser stuck at the movie theater because all her friends think it's a great flick? And, with the track-record of Hollywood in recent years, I consider it a 90% chance that any movie I see right now is going to suck. Movies with friends? No thanks. I'd rather jump into my jammies and watch a Redbox rental instead. That way, if it sucks, I can walk away and watch America's Funniest Home Videos re-runs on the other TV. Now that's entertainment!
So, my dear readers, I DO promise that I will attempt to update my blog more often. It is fun for me to write and see that people are actually reading it. I will not, however, promise witty banter that will have you giggling in your office chairs. My favorite comedy of all time is "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". That being said, you can imagine what kind of funny bone I have. Dry, dry, dry.
(If you're wondering, you can DEFINITELY thank my Dad for that. In our family, there is no such thing as "Dad" humor, it is our "family" humor. The Crowbar, Munky and I have it in spades!)
1 comment:
i love monty python!
Post a Comment