Monday, February 2, 2009

Book Review - Multiple Blessings

Multiple Blessings: Surviving to Thriving With Twins and Sextuplets Multiple Blessings: Surviving to Thriving With Twins and Sextuplets by Jon & Kate Gosselin and Beth Carson



Rating: 4 of 5 stars


The book was an emotional roller coaster and each chapter was sprinkled with bible verses. The writing wasn't that great, but that wasn't important to me. I wasn't looking for literary genius; just the story of how the family's life changed. They are a full-of-faith family that relies 100% on God and that was super-refreshing.

I am aware of Kate's tendency to criticize, but I also saw more of her nurturing, grateful attitude in this book. She was constantly praising the volunteers, Jon, donors and her family for all they did and admitted that she had to swallow her pride and receive help with open hands. I believe she acted much more maturely about the situation than I would have. I appreciate and respect her and Jon for the hard decisions and many sacrifices they've made.

I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of the show, Jon & Kate Plus Eight to read this book. It certainly puts a lot of things in perspective when you read about the sacrifices that were made, the faith that was required and the changes that occurred.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Hi! Yes, I'm a tad suspicious now of this Blog of Note ... Rick, then V-Luv, then me ... I'm thinking some kind of referral (pay it forward?) must be at work. Thanks for visiting, though! I love your signoff: Kimberpeas!!!