Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Fun...

...or not. I was looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend at home, but that did not happen. We are leaving soon for a family vacation and MM found out this week that he will have to report to the main office for some meetings the day after we were scheduled to leave from the same area. After much discussion and lots of budgeting scenarios, we decided that it would be easier and safer for me to just stay those extra days for his meetings and leave afterwards. I will be able to stay with my parents and MM will stay at a hotel in the same city, but much closer to the meeting site. That ends up tacking on 4 days to our trip and means I have to take 3 extra days of vacation. Because of that, I had to work quite a few hours this weekend to make sure I have enough time to cover it all. Fortunately, it's our busy time of year, so there's no shortage of work for me to do.

While I was at the office, we had a great team of guys travel about 3 hours to come repair our foundation at the house. Apparently, when the house was brought in, they didn't set the foundation properly, so after living there for almost 4 years, we noticed some floor sagging, etc. They were in and out in about 4 hours and there is a huge difference already. We have to wait about 30 - 45 days for things to settle and then we will REALLY get moving on the nursery reno. We still have walls to paint, flooring, trim, a ceiling fan, and window dressings to install, and all the furniture to purchase and assemble. (Aside from the crib, thanks to Papaw and Mimi!!) It feels like a lot, but I know MM has made it his #1 priority, so the only way it wouldn't get done in time is if Bunny decides to make a very early entrance.

After working all day, I was pooped, so MM graciously offered to BBQ dinner. His preference is not to use propane when grilling, but when the house is hot and I'm exhausted, it's the perfect choice. He's become quite skilled at it and last night was no exception. The chicken was moist and delicious. He used his own recipe for the marinade and we will definitely be using it again. I love summer veggies and zucchini is one of my favorites. We eat it grilled, roasted, fried, and even baked in bread. These were lightly seasoned and grilled to perfection with just the right amount of char to caramelize the sugars. Delish!



MM is planning on relaxing and practicing his fly-casting today as it's GORGEOUS outside. He always likes to get a few casting sessions in before a trip. I'm back at the office for a while and then will do a bit of grocery shopping as well. It's rough, but the reward is a few extra days with my family!!

Oh, and here's my "official" 27-week photo. The beginning of the third trimester. I can't believe it's already here! The days and weeks are just FLYING by! Before you know it, Bunny will be here and I'll be posting about how fast she's growing up. I just can't wait!

No comments: