I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately. Reflecting on my life at this moment, reflecting on God's word, reflecting on His purpose for me. My one BIG conclusion is that I'm supposed to slow down. I'm supposed to be taking care of myself and my home. No, that doesn't mean cleaning it to perfection. It means making my house a HOME, not a show-house. I struggle with perfection daily. I want to eat perfectly, work out perfectly, cook perfectly and clean perfectly! It is EXHAUSTING!
The past few days, I've slowed way down. I haven't done what didn't have to be done. Guess what? The house is cleaner because I don't stress over details, I just get it done. I work out more! I've decided to enjoy our family more, so I'm walking each of my dogs almost daily. (They have a HUGE back yard to run around in, so it's not as if they're suffering if we don't go on a walk.) I'm cooking simpler meals, but we have more time to sit and enjoy them. I'm feeling more fulfilled and happy than I have in a while. I'm doing what I want to and not what people expect me to do and that's a huge step forward for me.
My fervent prayer is that I stick to this slower pace. It is so easy for me to get stressed and start rushing and fretting about details. I have come to realize that nobody in my life notices half as much as I do. They don't care if I didn't put my shoes away last night or if I forgot to change out the scent in the wax warmer. They just want me happy and healthy and that is what I will strive for every single day!!
3 comments:
And yet it can be soooo difficult! I am working on it too. I think it is a never-ending struggle, but so worth it. I will pray for you if you pray for me! :-)
Kim, glad you have taken the time to stop and smell the roses. I used to be the same way, and not sure if it's old age, or what, but I've relaxed and stopped fretting about the little things. Makes life so much more enjoyable. Blessings to you.
Pam, I have been trying to comment on your posts on your blog for a few days now and haven't been able to. I'd love to be able to leave you comments!
Thanks for always stopping by and reading my blog!
Post a Comment