Monday, October 27, 2008

This weekend was a good, relaxing one from the start. I had a lot planned, but the only thing we really accomplished was getting some laundry done and a bit of straightening of the house. I did get my big swap package sent out. Thank goodness I was able to get it out. I actually finished the final project that morning. I'll post pics as soon as my partner receives so that I don't spoil it for her.

Last night I sat on the bed watching the Bizarre Foods Halloween Special while crocheting a little boy's scarf for Jason's Operation Christmas Child shoebox. Every year he prepares one for a little boy and I do one for a little girl. It's so much fun to shop for an anonymous child! I plan on finishing his scarf tomorrow night and I'll start the one for my little girl on Wednesday and try to finish it on Thursday. After that I'll attempt to finish my grandma's lapghan that has been one year in the works. I'm planning on getting that done by Christmas. I hope to get a few more things crocheted in time for Christmas, but we'll see what happens. I also have two more small swaps to finish by the end of November, but they should be fairly easy to accomplish.

Jason spent Sunday after church snoozing on his recliner, eating snacks and enjoying the Cowboys' victory. (Yay!) I'm glad he had a day to relax.

I received the greatest catalog last week and went to their website. Country Kitchen is my new favorite baking supply website. They really carry the stuff that would take an at-home baker to take his/her cakes to the next level. I'll have to keep that place in mind the next time I have a special cake to bake.

Well, that's it for me for today. I'm so excited about my weekly craft feature. I already have this Saturday's theme pinned down and I've been bookmarking my Etsy and Craftster finds. It is going to be really hard to limit the amount of items I post on here. It's so much fun!

No comments: